Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Suspense.

I am officially not using university housing next year, which means I have to scour the downtown campus for a decent, safe, affordable 1 bedroom apartment which will allow me to sublease the place for the summer. It doesn't really sound like I'm requiring a lot, does it?
Ha! How wrong we are! The subleasing has been my biggest problems so far, but come on! Do these people really expect me to live in Morgantown, a place that bores me while all the college students are around, in the summer when no one is here??? I doubt it!

I have officially inspected:
  • 4 apartments from a crazy old man
  • 2 from a creepy as hell landlord
  • 1 from a lady named Paulette who reminds me of the girl from the nail salon on Legally Blonde (I reeeally liked this one! If only she'd let me sublet it!)
  • 1 from a creepy redneck that had the SMALLEST bathroom I have EVER SEEN
  • 1 apartment with NO WALLS!!!! (talk about unfurnished! haha.) (construction to be done in MAY!!!), and another place from the same people--TWICE the Price of rent!
Oh, and before seeing the last set of apartments, I got splashed by a car that hit a huge puddle head-on. Even my FACE was splashed!!! I stared in shock. It was quite horrific.

In other news, I am socially inept and feel more comfortable talking to random homeless guys, blind guys, crazy evangelists, and rental agents than anyone I might remotely have anything in common with. Not so far-fetched.
I am a damn weird kid.

Oh, and sometimes people with minds that analyze everything terrify me (alright, well, I already knew this). Zack was talking about the economic situation in America and it was very depressing. Wow. We talked (well, mainly he talked & I interjected occasionally) for a long time. I need to do serious research on the political candidates.
Seriously, John McCain, one HUNDRED more years in Iraq? Seriously? I don't think so.

Oy.

Now, I am going to listen to good music, or at least cheery music, buy some bread, and try not to get mulled by hungry ducks. *grin*

2 more Apartments to see tonight, 1 thursday, and 1 friday. Wish me serious luck.

Still not discouraged,
Sarah

No comments: