Sunday, December 9, 2007

Growth

I re-read my blog, including actually reading the ones I'd written so blindly and ignorantly instead of merely skimming over them. I think the actual acknowledgment of those errors is healthy. Perhaps. It's so interesting to observe just how much I have changed in such a very short span of time. It's incredible. I should be studying instead of marveling over these things, so I won't do so long.
Even though I still don't feel quite as connected to God as I'd like to (and have in the past), I definitely am more connected than I was last year, or even for the majority of this semester. Even when it was "down to the wire" on the English portfolio, and I had barely half of it done, I was stressed, but not beyond functionality (<--significant; I have been stressed beyond functionality before). And you know what? I didn't need to whine, cry, or complain to anyone about it while I did it in order to tackle the task at hand. That's so substantial!
I am slightly ashamed that it's taken me this long to get the hang of this "going to college" ordeal, but I am thankful that I'm finally getting there. The most recent Bible verse at the Canterbury service was one about the Lord providing, and it spoke to me.
I'm one of those people that just worries a lot; we exist, and try as we might, sometimes we just can't help it. We envy those who can be so carefree. However, there is a healthy amount of worrying, and knowing where that line exists is the key to survival and retaining a sense of sanity.

All of my finals are this week, but I'm not freaking out. I know that if I do my best and study as well as I can, everything will be fine.

I see progress, and it is so comforting and invigorating.

Also, it's raining, and I'm inside, and it sounds wonderful. Often, in church at home, you can hear the rain pounding on the roof, and I always wish that the sermon could be paused (if I were up there, I would pause!) just so everyone could listen to the rain and enjoy God's creation, just for a few moments. Also on that note, I think my religious experience could be improved with more solemn, quiet, undisturbed meditation. I hope to find that some day.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Don't worry - I've been in college a year long than you and I still haven't gotten the hang of it either. Good luck with finals and such!