Friday, May 25, 2007

Psychosis and such.

Sometimes I am at such a loss when it comes to understanding my mother. I love her dearly, but geez. I sat around trying to psycho-analyze her one night, and it was a little scary (cue audience laughter). It's one of those things where you know she's been through a lot in her life, and it's really taken a tole (sp?) on her. Sometimes I completely understand why she acts the way she does, but I have no idea how to fix it. And sometimes she just shocks the hell out of me, and I can't figure out anything.

Amidst my mother's psychosis, I've been becoming stunningly domestic lately. *dies laughing* And by stunningly domestic, I mean boldly attempting extreme cleaning, gardening (aka removal/taming of tropical parasitic weeds), very mild/low-maintenance(bad sp for sure) cooking, lots & lots of laundry (oy!), and attempting to keep my uber-comfy bed made everyday. woohoo! Seriously, as soon as I "move out," my bed is goin' with me! <3>am turning into my OCD Cleaning-Crazy mother???? *shrieks* (but considering my favorite way to clean my own room is putting everything in random drawers & under my bed, I think there's hope for me yet!).

5--There are people out there who have never and will never clean a toilet or pull a weed.


No really, take a minute to think about that.

  • No dirt under the fingernails from pulling onions and weeds from the flowerbed.
  • No dishpan hands (or unloading dishwashers).
  • No evil bug bites from working outside after sunset.
  • No sneezing from dust, dust, and more dust that's been collecting everywhere.
  • No sorting laundry, figuring out which load goes where or how to fold the towels.
None of that.

I cannot even imagine such a thing...(yes, I know this is quite a rant. I hate to admit it, but I was having some rather deep thoughts while on my cleaning escapades yesterday.). Bear with me, and you might find something worthwhile soon.

My family (with my assistance of course) put in our/their own drywall to make the rooms in our house. Everything from taking out the old walls to buying the new walls, to putting up the new ones, to sealing & sanding, and painting them. We even did the ceilings--and yes, there were certainly some life-threatening moments involved before we knew about a handy little machine to keep the heavy drywall from flattening us like pancakes. No one in my family is an expert on these things, they've only learned from trying and watching home-remodeling shows and stuff like that.

It was weird, and almost creepy, but as I knelt down to clean the bathroom floor, I honestly thought to myself, "I am glad I am someone competent enough to clean her own toilet." Go ahead and laugh, but there are people with paychecks smaller than Paris Hilton's who can't do that. (because we would obviously expect Miss Paris to NOT know how to do that, of course). Isn't that crazy to contemplate? Or what do you do when you have a water leak?

What happens when a demonic, evil, sadistic, terrible blood-sucking cockroach of death, doom, and destruction is staring at you upside-down on your kitchen ceiling? (okay, so I personally, being phobic and whatnot, was not quite competent enough to tackle that flesh-devouring beast, but my mommy did!).

I know how to survive. I don't need someone else to do these things for me...it's amazing the things I have learned to do on my own.

Even if they don't have to, I'm going to make sure my kids are prepared like that too.


Wow.
What a tangent. I apologize...see why I am such a slacker when it comes to cleaning? Bad things happen when Sarah is equipped with tasks and no thoughts to occupy her.


Anyway,
to prove that I am not a socially-incompetent reclusive maniac (put cleaning in there somewhere), I have other adventures to tell.

Ammar took me out to El Mariachi last night. For those of you who somehow missed the memo (Oh, Office Space!), El Mariachi is my favorite restaurant in Parkersburg, and quite possibly the world. I adore the people who work there and the food, and the music, and the language, and the atmosphere. Yes, I know, practically swooning, let's move on, shall we? *sigh* It was really really cool to hang out with Ammar (with fewer time contraints). It was such a novelty to have him in Parkersburg! I love it. It kind of made me feel like it's more official now. (ha). Plus, once he found my house (I told him GPS would have issues with my little red house! haha), he got to see it! He saw my room (no dirty jokes) and met my cats. You laugh unless you have a cat you love, but this was a big deal for me. I absolutely adore my cats, especially my evil black cat Dink, who we've had ever since I started going to Peterkin (she's an old-timer of at least 14-15+ years now!). It was kind of like meeting my family, except I didn't do a sucky introduction this time. (ooooops. heh).
PS...Dink didn't growl in protest when meeting him--a good sign! hahaha

So, we both had a reeeeeally good time. It was amazing. <3>

And My Danielle & my Christa are coming in today.
I am soooo excited.

Sorry it's so insanely long...<3
Sarah with an H.

No comments: