Friday, October 5, 2007

***El cielo***

In the lovely Spanish language, el cielo means sky, but it also means Heaven.
In class today, we discussed our own versions of Heaven on Earth, and it made me feel really wonderful to think about it.
Tastes of Heaven (El sabor del cielo), to me, include:

  • Anything at Peterkin, particularly being alone on Prayer Hill
  • Candlelight services
  • the day I got my ring = )
  • sunny days in the chapel, when voices are loud and joyous, and God is near.
  • quiet, calm campfires, on the Hike and on our counselor trip
  • days in the park
  • when I go driving, crank up my music, and think about nothing but the road(<--emphasis)
  • hanging out with my friends, no matter for how long, or where, or what we're doing.
  • watching csi shows with my mom
  • playing video games with chuckie
  • watching family guy with dad & chuckie
  • anything where I can close my eyes and relax in the sunshine
  • sitting on the porch swing and listening to the creek
  • the times in the morgantown park, watching the ducks and the people
  • arguing with dorian
  • nightly chats with jordan trumble and (sometimes) sarah braswell
  • the A Ha moments--where I realize that even though life is complicated, God knows just how far to push me.
  • daytime naps in a comfy room & comfy bed, and waking up refreshed

I'll definitely add more later.
I really love life right now. Maybe I have drastic ups and downs, but it certainly makes the ups seem much higher. *contented sigh*

*PS Anyone else noticing my freakish pattern with numbers of entries per month? creeeeeeepy!

No comments: