Saturday, September 22, 2007

Of Mice & Men

John Steinbeck wrote a wretched novel--wretched because of the ending, and wretched because of the way I cried after I finished it. Alas, after today, the only phrase that comes to my mind is from the opening of that damn book. "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

I had well-sculpted plans for today. I was up at 6:42 and ate Hamburger Helper for breakfast--yes, it's certainly the strangest thing I've ever had for breakfast. Especially considering that there were waffles in the fridge as well. So, Anyway, I eat this nonsense, hoping to finish before my mom or dad walks in--not because I'll be in trouble, but because I know that it is so incredibly bizarre that I'm eating that for breakfast! So, dad catches me, and of course tells mom, and they both kind of make fun of me for a while. It's all good still. I showed mom my sweet pictures of ducks & crazies in Morgantown, and we talked for a bit. Then we decided to go to Wally-World. I drove, and it was no big deal, except we were there forever. So, we eventually get home, and I hurry up, hop into the shower, get dressed in something rather attractive (wink wink = P), do my hair, even put in earrings! I finally am ready to head out the door.
I can get the stupid ipod thingy in the "The Beast/The Exploder/The Explorer," then Chuckie helped me.

I got in the car. I drove less than 1/4 mile. My Propel bottle fell to the floor, and it made a loud noise, so I glanced down, for just a mere second, and I looked up again, after feeling a huge bump, and then I noticed I was staring at serious foliage! Everywhere I looked, green vines surrounded me! Oh shit! And I slammed on the brakes. Eventually, I climbed out of the car, getting scratched a lot, and I walk to the back to discover that there is a HUGE LOG behind my car!!!! No wonder I couldn't back up!

In the end everything worked out.

It was scary, but it's ok.

I'm very glad I'm alive and no one and nothing got hurt.
God is very good to me.
Sarah

No comments: